With Winter weather finally settling in, a warm and comforting meal is the perfect thing to thaw the Ohio chill. This easy recipe is hearty, fulling, and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
- 1 cup peeled, diced and boiled potato. Fork tender
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 ½ pounds white American cheese
- 1 ½ quarts beef broth
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼- ½ cup jalapeno, finely chopped (depending on desired spice level)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large stockpot, heat canola oil over medium-high heat and cook venison for 6-10 until it begins to brown.
- Add onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add flour, seasoning, salt and pepper and simmer until the mixture thickens. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth and lower to medium heat, allowing the mixture to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add slices of cheese one at a time and stir until fully combined and creamy.
- Add potatoes and scallions and remove from heat.
- Serve hot!
*Venison can be substituted with ground beef*