A Spin on a Classis Family Favorite
Having trouble using up the venison from your last hunt? Here’s a recipe that’s sure to impress the entire family.
You will need:
For the meatloaf
- 2 pounds of venison
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of broth (beef, vegetable, or chicken will work)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
For the glaze
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently combine venison and breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate the mixture into the venison and breadcrumbs.
- Gently mix with your hands, making sure not to overwork the meat.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
- Pour half of the glaze into the bottom of your meatloaf pan, add the meatloaf to the pan, and cover with the remaining glaze mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let rest a few minutes before serving.
For more recipes, click here.